NYMF NEWCOMER HOSTING COORDINATOR
Skill set needed:
Ability to identify the needs of newcomers from a big-picture perspective, a detail-orientation for developing resources and resource material, and a welcoming, outgoing nature.
- Identifying resources for newcomers to learn Focusing including, but not limited to, Focusing teachers in the Metro area who actively support NYMF, "Introduction to Focusing" workshops, and training programs leading to certification.
- compiling all resources including Changes groups and information about NYMF (e.g., the Mission statement) into a printed format for distribution at NYMF meetings.
- welcoming, or arranging for someone to welcome, newcomers at NYMF meetings, introducing them to the newcomer material and generally orienting and helping newcomers to feel welcome to our Focusing community.
- working with the Website Tech Coordinator to be certain that the NYMF website has up-to-date information on Focusing resources for newcomers.
- recruiting more Focusing teachers supportive of NYMF to be listed on the website.