NYMF COMMUNICATIONS COORDINATOR
Skill set needed:
Expertise in persuasive written language, proficient computer skills for announcement and flyer layouts, and time/deadline conscientiousness.
- in conjunction with the Presentations and General Oversight Coordinators, creating and sending out a series of announcements prior to each NYMF meeting.
- making certain that the "blurb" about the presentation and biographic sketch of the presenter(s) is complete and in hand 5 weeks prior to the NYMF meeting.
- submitting the draft announcement to Presentations and General Oversight Coordinators 5 weeks prior to NYMF meeting and making any necessary edits
- sending out the email announcement to the NYMF and TriState lists 4 weeks, 2 weeks and 1 week prior to each meeting
- converting the email announcement into a 1-page flyer, preferably in "word," to be available as an email attachment upon request for distribution in other venues.
- preparing and making copies of the evening's NYMF Meeting Program (Meeting Schedule)
- arriving early at the NYMF meeting to bring the evening's meeting schedule and to participate in the pre-meeting gathering of the Planning Group and Presenter/s
- creating some record of the evening's meeting for the Archives (currently not an active task)
- contributing to other written communications projects as they emerge