EMBRACING THE WHOLE, WELCOMING THE NEW
INSTRUCTIONS FOR EVENT POSTINGS
If your qualified Focusing event takes place physically (face-to-face) in the New York Metro Area, we would be happy to post it on our calendar.
Please follow these instructions. The thing to understand is: you will send an email to our list moderator. If approved, your email to us will be forwarded on exactly as it is.
1. The subject line should indicate clearly who is sponsoring the event being announced so the recipient understands this is not an NYMF meeting or workshop and appreciates what you are or your organization is offering. The recipients will see exactly the subject heading you use, so think of it as an opportunity to give a headline for your event that is attractive to your participants (not a message to the list moderator).
2. Attachments will not work. The forwarding service will not accept them. Therefore your message must be in the body of the email.
3. The body of the email should contain everything you want it to say and nothing more. Do not write a message to the list moderator in it, because the added message will go to everyone! We cannot change what you send; it goes out as is.
4. The very top of your email: Please leave one blank line at the top of your email and then include in your first line (above the body of your announcement) how you would like the recipient to reply. Many times the recipient hits “reply” and the reply goes to the entire list. The list moderator must then reject the post, and you as the initial sender will not get the reply that was intended for you. To forestall this occurrence, we ask everyone to make very clear, right at the top, how the recipient should respond.
4. Send your email to firstname.lastname@example.org